- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Homethings collects the following data:
- personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number);
- delivery address and other information when you place an order with us;
- your name, contact details and other information contained in communications you send to us or that you provide to us when you contact us (by email or in person), for example to request our news and updates or to submit a query or comment regarding the Website or its content or to apply for a job;
- data from surveys that we may, from time to time, conduct for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in them.
We also collect personal data automatically when you use the Website and when you navigate through the Website. Data collected automatically may include usage details, geo-location data, IP addresses and other data collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information on Cookies, see the section below.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Homethings with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- sign up to our mailing list;
- register online or place an order for any of our products or services;
- voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email;
- use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
Homethings may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- from job platforms.
How will we use your data?
Homethings collects your data so that we can:
- email you with our newsletter;
- process your order;
- manage your account;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes (please see paragraph entitled “Marketing” for further information);
- to respond to your queries;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to prepare anonymised data sets;
- to notify you about changes to the Website and the materials on the Website;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
When Homethings processes your order, it may send your data to: and also use the resulting information from:
- our logistics, fulfilment and delivery partners to realise your order;
- credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
- Klaviyo to store and process your data related to email marketing;
- Google Analytics to store and process your data related to how you use our website;
- Shopify and Recharge to store and process your data related to your order.
- Friendbuy to store and process your data related to our referral programme.
Homethings would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive email marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Homethings from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Homethings would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request Homethings for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Homethings correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Homethings to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Homethings erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Homethings restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Homethings's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Homethings transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via:
- Our email: email@example.com
- Or write to us: Homethings, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. For further information about how to block cookies, please refer to your browser ‘help’ section or allaboutcookies.org. You can opt-out of the Google Analytics cookies here.
Cookies set by third parties
The content on the Website is updated regularly, and we may embed content from other websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from any of these services you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout the Website. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own cookies policies and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Privacy policies of other websites
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at:
71-75 Shelton Street
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Homethings has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510
Information Commissioner's Office